Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting)
The new Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting) PSP42410 from the recently revised Public Sector Training Package (PSP12) is designed for personnel responsible for procurement and contract administration in the public sector.
This program will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to plan and identify risks associated with procurement, select providers and develop and manage contracts in the public sector.
- Administrative Officer
- Procurement/Purchasing Officer
Who should Attend
People who are responsible for procurement and contract administration in the public sector.
To be eligible to enter this program you will need to:
- be currently working in or contracted to the public sector
- have capacity for independent self-directed work
- have access to specific work practices and work-based procurement projects
- Face to face training sessions
- Milestone activities
- Work-based projects
- Assessment interview
Minimum 8 participants
Maximum 16 participants
Units of Study
This program is made up of 15 units of competency and is delivered in two sections:
Section 1 Specialist Units
- Dispose of Assets
- Plan procurement
- Develop and distribute requests for offers
- Select providers and develop contracts
- Manage contracts
- Conduct market research
- Identify and treat risks
Section 2 Government Units
- Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- Exercise delegations
- Apply government processes
- Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- Contribute to workplace safety
- Support policy implementation
- Deliver and monitor service to clients
- Use advanced workplace communication strategies
When you have successfully completed both Section 1 and 2 you will be awarded a Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting)
Online Learning Showcase
CIT Solutions specialises in the design and development of blended elearning solutions.
Position yourself for success
We offer a wide range of qualifications, short courses and workshops for your professional development.
View this year's training calendar.
Subscribe to our free course information email service to receive regular updates on the courses and workshops we have on offer throughout the year, direct to your inbox.